Sunday, June 15, 2014

Some straetegies for learning second language



As a foreign student, sometimes I feel difficult to understand the Indonesian speaker. Also in this country I have to learn English language. Therefore, I should learn two languages in one time. The first I came in this university, I just keep silent because I couldn’t understand when my Indonesian’s friend said. I am also still difficult to understand when my English’s lecturer explained about the materials, because in Thailand I just learned Thai language. That is why; I have strategies to decrease my difficulties.
The first strategies mostly as foreign students use media to help their understanding of Indonesia and English language. Usually foreign students watching movie, listening music and read many kinds of book, Such as newspaper, novel to increase of understanding language. I am as a foreign student I use this strategies to learn language. In fact I can understand both Indonesia and English language. Therefore because media can help me to understand what my friends said and my lecturer explained.
         Shopping sometimes become my strategies to improve my understanding. Shopping can help student to improve their speaking because of shopping they have to speak a lot to ask the quality, important and price of thing that they want to buy it. From my personal experience I like shopping. I could be confidence to speak by shopping.
The last strategists being friends with Indonesia people. Foreign friend can help foreign students to understand what they said. Because when we always with them. We need to speak and interaction with them. When we have event we need to share together so that being friends with Indonesian I can understand Indonesian speakers.

Nurafnee Sulong
11320112 ck class

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tempelate Designed by Nanie| Edited by Ebiel and Rifa | Everlasting